Adhesives Research Corporate Fact Sheet
- Founded in 1961, with corporate headquarters in Glen Rock, PA, since 1974
- Approximately 300 employees worldwide
- Permanently independent, privately owned company
- A leading global developer and manufacturer of custom, high performance, pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs), tapes, specialty coatings, films, laminates and product authentication technology.
- Adhesives Research develops and manufactures high-performance, pressure-sensitive adhesives, tapes, coatings, specialty films and laminates for global customers in five key markets:
- Medical – medical devices and diagnostics, wound care and molecular technology
- Electronics – disk drives, handheld devices, semiconductors, displays, solar, conductive technologies and general electronics assembly
- Industrial/Engineered Tapes – window fabrication, automotive, technical textiles and specialty fabrics, and general industrial bonding and assembly
- Pharmaceutical – unique components for transdermal, oral and topical drug delivery
- Splicing – repulpable and non-repulpable splicing tapes for the pulp and paper and other roll processing industries
- ARx, LLC, a subsidiary of AR, is a client-focused, custom developer and cGMP manufacturer of high-quality drug delivery systems and technologies for the pharmaceutical industry.
Facilities and Manufacturing
- cGMP (ARx, LLC), ISO 9001/13485 manufacturing, technical center and sales office in Glen Rock, PA, USA (240,000 square-feet on over 200 acres)
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 7 clean room manufacturing, technical center and sales office in Limerick, Ireland (45,000 square feet)
- Representative office in Shanghai, China
- Additional sales offices in Canada, Great Britain and Singapore
- Sales representation in Japan, Taiwan and Korea
Core Competencies and Capabilities
- Offers problem-solving capabilities and custom solutions in adhesive polymerization, mixing, adhesive coating, and release liner design supported by extensive product development and analytical support.
- Employs a unique, team-based approach to custom product development including world-class R&D, process engineering, manufacturing and quality.
- cGMP processing (ARx, LLC)
- ISO 9001 certified in North America and Europe.
- ISO 13485 certified in North America and Europe.
- ISO 14001 certified in Europe and pursuing in North America.
- ISO 7 certified in Europe.