Adhesives Research (AR) develops and manufactures specialized high-performance pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes for customers seeking products with tailored performance properties.
AR’s Engineered Tapes product development team quickly addresses our customers’ needs by:
- Identifying a product fit from our existing product line, or
- Creating a new product construction by combining our existing adhesive technologies with carefully chosen substrates and release liners.
Our materials experts have access to a wide range of adhesive technologies and chemistries and offer decades of materials science knowledge to recommend the ideal adhesive/substrate/release liner combination for even the most challenging application.
AR’s approach to developing engineered tapes results in a specialty commercial product with a quick turn-around to meet our customers’ exact needs in markets such as:
- High-performance textiles
Some Engineered Tape applications include:
- Seals & gaskets for fuel cells & small power devices
- Bonding of technical textiles
- Optical adhesives for display screen applications
- Repairing torn protective garments
- Roll closure tape for photographic applications
- Hook & loop attachment adhesives
- High-strength tape for sign fabrication
Examples of our specialized adhesive technologies and materials include:
Adhesive Technologies Substrates
|High-strength bonding adhesives||Polyester films|
|Heat-activated adhesives||Urethane films|
|Dual-stage curable adhesives||Foams|
|Optically clear adhesives||Other specialty materials|