Adhesives Research’s unsupported adhesive is coated directly onto a release liner, allowing transfer films to be the most flexible and conformable of all ARclad® and ARclear® bonding systems.
- Bonds with consistently thin, bond line
- Laminates to open or cellular materials
- Bonds and splices to a variety of industrial substrates
- Conforms well to irregular surfaces
Adhesives Research’s single-coated tapes consist of a substrate or carrier that is coated on one side with an adhesive. Our single-coated tapes are available either in self-wound rolls or with a release liner for ease of application.
- Ideal for over-lamination
Adhesives Research’s double-coated tapes have a carrier that is coated on both sides with an adhesive, eliminating heat and solvent cure cycles. The instant bonding capabilities of our double-coated tapes make them very conducive to automation and high-speed processing.
- Bonds rigid materials to irregular surfaces
- Compensates for thermal expansion and contraction
- Reduces sound, shock and vibration
- Offers ease of handling
- Allows use of a different adhesive on either side of the tape.
- Carrier can impart properties (i.e., electrical conductivity, rigidity, opacity)
Specialty Release Liners
Release liners protect the adhesive or coated film while providing strength and integrity to product rolls that are converted and assembled into the final product. The liner may remain as part of the final product construction to aid in application or be removed during the manufacturing process. Release liners may also be used as a layer-to-layer protective barrier to prevent materials from intermingling or interfering with one another.
Benefits of this technology:
- Available in silicone and non-silicone formulations and a variety of liner materials.
- Compatible with many adhesive chemistries
- Ultra-clean formulations for non-interference with active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Tailorable release properties, substrate material and product thickness
- Long-term stability
- Manufactured in class 10,000 clean room